India Visa for Lithuanian Citizens
Getting an India Visa for Lithuanian CitizensFor travelers who live in Lithuania and who have always wanted to see the Taj Mahal or other sites in India, an India visa for citizens from Lithuania is essential. Fortunately, these are easy to get and simple to use, so needing one should not be a deterrent to travel. Here’s what need to know to get this visa.
Applying for an India Visa - RequirementsIt’s so easy to get a visa to India!
Lithuanian citizens can start their application here.
Most people find that it’s straightforward and, for people who get stuck, the instructions are simple and easy to follow. The application only takes a few minutes for most applicants.
Applicants who want to make the process even easier can gather the following documents before they get started. These include:
- A valid passport from LT. This needs to have at least 6 months of extra validity beyond the date on which they plan to arrive in India, as stated by the Indian government.
- A valid credit card, to pay the application fee.
- Information about when they plan to travel to and from India, including the method of travel, dates, and flight or other numbers.
- A photograph of themselves that meets the guidelines outlined in the India visitor visa application. Nearly all passport photos will work for this but individual travelers need to be sure before they submit the application.
- A photograph of the personal data page in their Lithuania passport. This should show both the picture and all of the information.
Applicants should make sure that any information they enter manually matches exactly what is in their passport, or they may have to reapply and pay the application fee again.
Application ProcessUpon submission of their application for the India visa for citizens from Lithuania, applicants will receive a Reference Number. This can be used to determine the status of their application at any time, or they can use it to print off their visa once it has been granted. They should hear back about their visa by email within 1-4 business days.
Using the India Visitor Visa - Upon EntryTravelers from LT need to make sure that they carry a hard copy of their granted visa with them when they enter India. Immigration officers will need to see this as well as the identical passport that they used to apply for this visa. Before travel, visitors should ensure that their passport has at least two empty pages, for stamping by Indian officials.
Travelers should also bring:
- Documentation showing where they are traveling in India, when, and when and how they plan to leave the country.
- Proof that they have the funds necessary to cover their stay in India, or that someone else is covering this stay for them.
Officials may not ask to see this additional information but they are allowed by Indian law to demand it from any traveler entering the country.
Once through immigration with their India visa for citizens from Lithuania, visitors can make all of their travel dreams become reality!